Monday, August 17, 2009

Starting back up.

I'm doing this mostly for me! I have a "saved" post from Super Bowl Sunday that I started and never finished, mostly because once I get going it's hard for me to stop and I get exhausted from typing. But WAAAAYYY too much has happened and continues to happen to not "Blog" about it anymore-not that anyone will read this because as stated: it's mostly for me to put down in writing all the non-sense that goes on in the adoption process and even more that happens when you get home. Our lives really are nothing short of chaos, and with all the relational, political, religious and manipulative horseshi_ that goes on, I can't keep it in any more; it's therapy! Among the adoption of Anya, we've had two foreign exchange students: a 16 year old girl from Germany, Laura who was great and presently, a wonderful 16 year old girl from western Ukraine who Anya is thoroughly enjoying, Sofiya. We've had Eriko, a 16 year old girl from Japan for three weeks and Pauline, a 16 year old girl from France for a month! As stated: CHAOS!!!! Some, like myself, may call it an addiction of hospitality that my lovely wife, Aimee, has. Did I mention Aimee is HOT, HOT, HOT!!! It's like living with a centerfold-I love it! If any one is reading this for the first time, you may be offended or will be in shock that I will write and say some of the things I do. I believe it is the only way to express myself: everyone, especially men, think these thoughts but find, maybe a more delicate way of expressing them. I believe in the, "Truth In Advertising" principal. It may become prudent of me to start my own "Blog" page, so as not to taint the adoption process or publicly humiliate my wife. This will probably happen as I have so many "real" thoughts on marriage, adoption, parenting, manhood (especially manhood and being a christian). The last intense conversation I had with a confrontational non-believer ended with, "...you're f___ing with the wrong christian..."! I rarely, if ever default to that sort of banter, but at the moment it may have been the only discourse this moron understood. One thing about me: I have raging testoserone and love the Lord, sometimes the two blend in a less than desirable outcome. Adoption, whether locally or globally, I believe it is THEE single most relationally exhausting and rewarding activity a christian can become involved in. Nothing is closer to the heart of God because it is exactly what he does for us and has woven his plan through history (which, by the way, is NOT billions, millions or even tens of thousands of years in the making-it is closer to 9-11 thousand, the other numbers are pure scientific crap, laying the foundation for numerous inaccurate, unsupported scientific and philosophical positions). Anya just rammed through the front door after her 1st day of volleyball tryouts. I believe she is trying to make it appear as though she just walked across Siberia, barefoot in the winter-give me a break! People: you want "drama" in your life? Give birth to a teen-age female from Ukraine. Oh, and the wife just started doing day care again. There are two 11 month olds downstairs in high chairs throwing some sort of ravioli all over the place; mostly their hair. Good thing Anya, Sofiya and our 13 year old, Haley are downstairs to clean up. Oh, and there is a 16 year old girl from Germany in our other 16 year old girls bedroom who is going home to Germany after 2 weeks because she hates it here-she leaves later this week, in the meantime, she gets to stay with us because the always lovely Aimee is also a coordinator for exchange students-she placed this one. They have to stay with the coordinator until their flight home. Wow!! There is so much to write about. I told Aimee yesterday that I appreciated her providing me with a constant source of material to poke fun at. Did I mention she's HOT?!!! Did you know that when you do "spell check" on foul language it not only doesn't recognize it, it won't allow you to "add" it to your dictionary-that is really irritating!! Later...

2 comments:

Heidi and Felix said...

It's OK to take time of Matt, I'm still here, waiting for your latest foray into "Anya blogging"! Oh, btw, Aimee IS hot!

DRAMA, YOU WANT DRAMA! I put my daughter Jordan on the plane to her mom this morning and promptly got a phone call from my ex telling me that I better start helping MY children instead of "doing for those bastard children living with me." I guess the $919 child support payments aren't covering her car loan, his Harley payments and their new big screen tv adequately. I buy the airfare too and she complained about the flight times (which interfere with her sleep-in time of noon, i'm sure). An 11:45 arrival time is too much to ask.

Sorry to vent on your blog, but man you're right. It does make a man feel better. Perhaps you could start a local men's only gripe blog only open to your invited beleaguered male buddies!

Felix

Twyla, John, Duncan, Mari, and Misha said...

Matt,

We are glad you are back! Okay, I'm sure John would agree about Aimee's temperature status, but in her defense she is sweet, intelligent, loving, kind, and a great Mom, cook, housewife, and singer! Thought the women out there would like a more complete picture of Aimee!

Hugs to all,
T & J and the gang (who are all asleep!)