Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost my phone!

It just wouldn't be the perfect trip to Ukraine without leaving your Blackberry phone in the back of a cab-gone forever! If you've been contacting Matt thru the Blackberry-STOP. T-Mobile was contacted and all services for the phone have been deactivated indefinitely. I'm fairly certain that trying to purchase a similar phone and getting a "Sim-card" that works would be nothing short of a nightmare. Probably wait until I'm back in the states. At least it wasn't my wallet...yet! We're reaching our limits with being here. Yesterday we trekked down to the GIGANTIC steel factories, pursuing Anya's school records and I've never seen anything like it!! It was like an epoch scene out of some huge Hollywood production. The pollution was nothing short of toxic and the fog/smog/sea air just about did us both in. I honestly do not know how people survive here. I haven't "blogged" in a while because I'm literally emotionally drained and feel physically like the environment is sucking the life right out of me. Matt

3 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Don't get too discouraged. You don't have that much longer before you will be home. Most of your trip is behind you:)

I'm sorry you lost your phone. That is frustrating. We had a friend who had her BB stolen out of her backpack as we were taking a walk down Kreschatyk street in Kiev. I'm sure there are people always looking out for tourists there. You probably won't find one similar unless you paid a ton of money.

The air quality is bad over there. I came home last January with a terrible sinus infection after being there for five weeks. After our second trip in March/April of this year, I was a little sick, but nothing like the winter infection.

June

Tami said...

Hang in there. This part of the process is always the worst. By day five of the ten day wait you just want to grab your kids and LEAVE.
You're almost done. Nine months after bringing Maddie home I can honestly say this yucky part of the process is just a distant memory.
Sorry about the phone. That just address more frustration, doesn't it.
You're in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

They all say this is part of the process but when all I can think of are the old black spirituals going around and around in my head "We shall over-come some day!" I know we must be getting close to the end.
We will keep praying for you.
Cindie and David