Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Bird!

Aimee just reminded me about the bird. Apparently, the bird is scared to death of any changes to its cage and this includes toys that dangle or can be chewed on or in anyway change the atmosphere to which it has become accustomed. Don't bother bringing toys or gifts for the bird-sorry, Twyla.
Anya tried to convey this to both Aimee and I but we failed to heed her warning, not to mention she is just as leery of the bird as the bird is of everything.
The orphanage psychologist, who initially helped us put the toys in, later, after an intense therapeutic session, took them all out. The bird had retreated to the bottom of the cage and was refusing to come up. This was similar to several door slamming incidences I've had the privileges of being a part of back home. I'm sure you're all shocked that any female, of any age would ever slam the door in the face of such a caring, sensitive person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog!!! I feel we are living parallel lives. We are also adopting an Anya age 15 and a Nastya age 16. We are now here in Odessa. Thank you for the laughs and the insight. My husband and I both so identify with the mood swings and the sticky notes! Good luck with court! Maybe we will see you at the embassy!
Cindie

CavinessAdoption said...

LOL

Hmmmm....caring, sensitive person? You mean the one who's first words out of his mouth that I ever heard were "Hey, turn down your boots!"

But then we all get past that whatever exterior and see the big teddy bear interior. And no, I did NOT turn down my boots and can't wait to bring them out again this winter!

Love Yas
Lisa

Anonymous said...

matt you are so funny. i don't think i have ever slammed a door in your face though.